Thursday, August 03, 2006

My first review

I've decided that my blog reviews will be based on a 0-5 rating system. 0 meaning the author is being one of those jerks who hasn't updated their blog, and 5 meaning the author has really outdone themselves. So, here we go:

Andrew's Blog: Well, I tend to think that just posting pictures is cheating, but at the same time the photos that Andrew posted are pretty good and commentary might have taken something away from them. Overall I'm going to say that's a 3, partially because he's still earning points from the excellent folkfest rant from last week.

Justin's Blog: Ok, so I'm pretty sure a picture of your excessively messy bedroom should not count as a blog entry....unless the next entry is going to be a picture of the same bedroom magically clean with some sort of explanation of the cleaning process (how many elves it took, what kind of living creatures were discovered etc.). But considering this is review #1, I'm going to take pity on poor Justin and say that the entry about unemployment was enjoyable. Probably because I can't wait for this week to be over so I can start my own brief stint of "retirement"! Rating: 2

Mic's Blog: Mic's latest blog entry has a lot of things going for it. It's thorough, stays within the main "what has Micaela been up to lately?" theme of the blog, and provides a promise for future entries that procrastinators such as myself can look forward to. However, it's not the "feel good" blog I would have hoped for. The main reason for this is that it makes me feel both jealous and lazy. Holidays? 49*C? Cottage country? all the makings of a jealousy inducing blog. Pilates twice a week? weeding your garden? Dog Sitting? yup, now I feel lazy. Overall though a great blog entry and the fact that I feel jealous and lazy is probably more my issue than her's. Rating: 3.5

Mike's Blog: Seriously? Are we still expected to excited about the fact that Mike couldn't wash his car in May? Come on Mike, you work part-time....from home..take a few minutes to update your blog! Rating: 0

The Dilbert Blog: Ok so this is a bit of a tricky blog to rate. Mostly because he has a serious advantage over our other bloggers: 1. He is a professional writer/funny man 2. I'm pretty sure he gets paid to write the blog and I think even Mike could probably take a few minutes to update his blog if someone was paying him. That said this is a great blog that everyone should read.

I'm going to cut Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) a bit of slack for not updating his blog lately because he just got married and frankly I'd be a bit concerned if he was updating his blog on his honeymoon. His latest entry "Heat Wave" is both hillarious and it provides a solution to the conflict in the Middle East. Not too shabby. Rating: 4.5

2 comments:

Călin said...

review mine please :p

A said...

What the F, where's post 3?