Monday, November 06, 2006

Football and Climbing!

I went to the Stamps game yesterday. They lost. I'm not really that committed to football though, so I wasn't too upset. Plus, the Roughriders are really all that people in Saskatchewan have to cheer for, so the least we can do is let them win once in a while.

I also had my first climbing lesson last night. Wow is it ever fun! (also a lot less hugging than football). I'm taking the class with my friend Stephanie and we are both at about the same level which makes it much less intimidating. The first climb up the wall was a bit scary, but after that we made it to the top a few times on one of the easier walls and we were sufficiently tired by the end of the two hours. I can't wait for next Sunday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mer I would have taught you for free! Where are you taking the lessons? I taught a class on Sunday, but you weren't in it!

Anonymous said...

MER MER!
That's awesome that you're climbing! I went in da Swiss (indoor, not on the Alps, LOL) and I found it extremely tough on my bodayyyyyy! Perhaps I need to gain up lower/upper body strength. I've also purchased a membership to the YMCA and have been goin' regularly, in fact I'm headin' tonight for a yoga class, remember how NOT FLEXIBLE I am *tear* I need ta work on it, BIG TIME! Hope lifes great in da west! Hugs, Pareen

Mer said...

Hey Adam
I'm taking the 6 week class at the University from 7-9 on Sunday nights.

Phatty,
Yer mamma must be so excited that you're taking Yoga! I was thinking of taking yoga too...maybe after Christmas!

Anonymous said...

completely unrelated... but I am eating one of the tastiest candies I have ever had right now. Its like a starburst but 5x as chewy... almost gum.

Mer said...

5x chewier than starburst??? I didn't think that was possible! Do they make you drool as much as Starburst?

Anonymous said...

drool? who is eating the starburst Mer? Your probably not supposed to be giving them to Brinkley.

Anyway, I will ponder your question tommorow as I give them out to my students. I will pay special attention for any puddles.

Mer said...

Starbursts are a very drooly candy. Especially the dark pink ones. No idea why but everyone salivates more when they eat those ones. Trust me, it's a fact. Can't wait to hear how the children like the candies.

Please add these "ultra starbursts" to the list of things you need to bring home for the rest of us to try.