Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Overwhelmed by toothpaste

I saw a toothpaste commerical on TV today that I can't stop thinking about. The toothpaste is Aquafresh White and Shine. Basically the message of the commercial is that this toothpaste will not only make your teeth white, it will also make them shiny! So apparently now its not good enough to have white teeth, they have to be shiny...go ahead and start feeling unnecessarily self-conscious now. At first the only goal was clean teeth, then they threw whitening in their and now they've added shiny. Based on this trend, I'm guessing the next step is tooth glitter. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAHAHHA! Oh Mer, you're too funny and clever I may add. I haven't seen the commercial yet but when I do I know I'll think of ya. Hope you're all smiles with your whiter, shinier, glittier teeth!
Pareen

Anonymous said...

a friend of mine has a diamond on her tooth...does that count as glitter?

Mer said...

That totally counts as glitter. Also, I am curious how anyone could think that the best use of their money is to put semi-precious stones in their teeth? How much money do you have to have to make that seem like a good idea?