Sunday, December 09, 2007

Video Games

My housemate Sheena bought a Nintendo Wii and I've been having a lot of fun learning how to play. I wasn't allowed to play video games when I was a kid so in addition to my natural lack of hand-eye coordination I also have almost no practice.
As a fun little perk on top of the games designed especially for the Wii you can also download old Nintendo games like the Super Mario games. So far I've made it to game #5 in the first level of Super Mario 3. Apparently that's not good. I'm way better at the Wii specific games...not as many buttons, a lot more spastic moving around...much more my speed.
Inspite of my lack of skills I'm still managing to waste a lot of my time playing the Wii. I now understand how you can end up spending an entire afternoon playing a video game and not really realize it. Its just so much fun! So far my favourite time wasters are fishing, shooting, and cow racing. Classy, I know.

No comments: