Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vancouver

I spent the long weekend in Vancouver with Kris and Ath. It was super fun even though they had just moved into their new apartment and we had to unpack a lot of boxes. The trip met all the requirements of a good trip to Vancouver: Sushi at Toshi's, ferryboat rides, fish tacos, sea wall walks, waffles, mountain adventures, and lots and lots of yummy coffees.
Highlights of the trip this time:
1. Hiking "The Grind": We felt pretty fit considering it is sort of a fit people thing to do. Gimpy (my ankle) did well on the hike too...I was pretty happy about that.
2. Going for trendy dinner: We had to walk down a sketchy alley to get into the restaurant and we saw two people smoking crack AND a rat. I'd never really seen a rat before. (The dinner was also very delicious)
3. Meeting baby Nikko (My cousin's baby): Nikko is certifiably cute and not at all breakable...my kind of baby.

I will post pictures as soon as my sister sends them to me.

No comments: