Sunday, February 11, 2007

Painting, Ping Pong, and Rec Rooms!

It has been a very busy weekend. Since Sue moved out Sheena decided to move upstairs, but before she did we had to paint the room. As it turns out I am the world's worst painter. You might think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. I managed to mess up the trim, cutting, and I even got paint in my eye...and all I had to do was paint three walls white. Not to worry though, once I stopped trying to help Sheena got all the painting done and it looks great.

So how that we have the whole basement empty we decided to turn it into a rec room! First step in creating a rec room: A ping pong table!! I found one on craigslist and picked it up today. It is soooooo fun!!! The next step for the rec room is the purchase of a Nintendo Wii (Sheena is buying it, not me. I'm a poor student, I can't afford stuff like that). We have a couch and chair all setup with the TV down there just waiting for the Wii. Unfortunately it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a Wii! Oh well, we'll find one eventually and then the rec room will be close to completion. After that it'll be time for a party!

4 comments:

Justin said...

Mer... this question im sure makes me look like a fool... but you have a basement? did i know that?

Justin said...

oh yeah... ping pong is bad ass! super fun game.

Mer said...

yup, I have a basement. That's how the house can fit 3 people. The rec room is pretty awesome. I think the next step for pingpong is uniforms (maybe I can work in the "bad ass" angle) oh, and more spare pingpong balls. Brinkley has already destroyed one.

Mer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.